Friday 11 January 2008

Meltdown Mania with Baby Bumps

Nope, no baby incognito but the ones that are out, up and about have been rather down and lowly lately. It's the weather - my kids are unwell and I feel upset by default. There has been non-stop wailing and screaming with meltdown climaxes that take place ever 3 .6 minutes. I feel so exhausted but I am pretty sure other mothers can empathise.

It is a good thing that these meltdowns have just been taking place at home. I always feel bad for parents who have to deal with the mayhem when in public. It is like everyone is ready to judge you, unfortunately "everyone" in this context are the public without children. It's normal. I get it all the time.

I have nothing against the general public who have not come to insane decision of having kids. It's true, sometimes I envy them. Care-free lives, movies any time of the day and night, naps any time of the day and night, baby-free mugs of coffee, long showers, proper meals, proper sleep. But I know of those who wish for kids and would trade their care-free lives for a day of my crazy one.

I know when my kids finally weather the weather, they will be back to normal. I will still remain the sleep-deprived writer with half a novel to my name. I will still be diapering and washing sippy cups. I will still be cooking 24 hours a day for them and eating left overs. I will still watch Sesame Street and wonder if Elmo will help me potty train my daughter. All that is normal and I am thankful for that.

Last night when my son's fever was at its highest, I was at my most afraid. Anything could have happened. All I wanted was for him to grow up into a good Muslim boy. I was hardly thinking of a care-free life - I was hoping for more responsibilities - enlightenment that he would get better. Alhamdulillah, all of us pulled through despite going white in the face. It was horrible.

Insha'Allah after this round of antibiotics he will be back to his bubbly self. I have no reason for envy - I have to weather this weather.

No comments:

Search for More Hijabs Online!

Google
Hijab Haven is not responsible for apparel in external sites. Not all outfits fulfill the Hijab requirement when in the presence of non-Mahram men. As a reminder, please use them responsibly.