Tuesday 22 January 2008

My Ashura Porridge...

It does not look as good as the picture I pasted here. That was courtesy of one of those free sites.

But this is for Sister Maryam who has not had the opportunity to taste porridge. This recipe is different from the normal chicken / fish porridge I feed my kids and myself on lazy days. It is really called Ashura Porridge but the ingredients differ from state to state.

This is what my mum-in-law put into her Ashura Porridge.
(The picture below is also free and is not affiliated to my kitchen).




  • Sweet potato

  • Barley

  • Green peas

  • Sweet peas (are they one and the same?)

  • Chick peas

  • Kidney beans

  • Red beans too I think (are they one and the same?)

  • Bananas

  • Brown sugar

  • Water

As you can see from this post, I am not a very good homemaker. And from the confession, I am not ashamed to say - if you ever wish to visit - let me know one week in advance.

Maybe I will post my porridge recipes some time later :p (to redeem myself).

No comments:

Search for More Hijabs Online!

Google
Hijab Haven is not responsible for apparel in external sites. Not all outfits fulfill the Hijab requirement when in the presence of non-Mahram men. As a reminder, please use them responsibly.