Friday 18 January 2008

Ashura Porridge

Apparently, there is such a thing. At least over here. It is customary for Muslims (in some parts of Malaysia) to convene at their local masjid and enjoy a bowl of porridge. It is called Ashura Porridge. I guess it brings Muslims together to do what most enjoy - eating.




Is that not cute? I have never heard of it before, but since I am at my in-laws' this Ashura, we will be trooping along to enjoy a bowl each tomorrow, insha'Allah.


For those who have fasted today, may all your sins have been forgiven. If you could not fast, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never ate porridge, Wonder how it tastes ........... ????

hijabhaven said...

Never had porridge? Ever? Even chicken porridge with ginger on a cold day? WOW.
The Ashura porridge is in my fridge. I will let you know what it tastes like.

Search for More Hijabs Online!

Google
Hijab Haven is not responsible for apparel in external sites. Not all outfits fulfill the Hijab requirement when in the presence of non-Mahram men. As a reminder, please use them responsibly.